The expectant parents’ guide to ISOFIX
Option 1: Car seat belt
Using the seat belt of your car enables you to install the car seat in any car, even when there are no ISOFIX anchorage points.
- Use in different cars. You are able to switch your baby car seat between multiple cars.
- Always fits. There are no ISOFIX anchorage points required in the car.
- Installation, using the seat belt of your car, is more difficult compared to an ISOFIX base. It is easier to make mistakes.
- More time is needed to install the car seat correctly.
Option 2: ISOFIX base
Using an ISOFIX base, which is fixed to your car’s ISOFIX anchorage points, allows you to easily and securely click the car seat onto the base.
- The safest choice. Your car seat is securely attached to your car.
- Quick and easy. Once installed, simply click the car seat onto the ISOFIX base, and detach it at your destination - leaving the base in the car.
- You will need to buy an ISOFIX base that fits with your baby car seat.
Which option is right for me?
Bear in mind that most cars have ISOFIX anchorage points, nowadays. If you’re not sure, check with your vehicle manufacturer first. To decide which installation option fits you best, ask yourself questions like:
- How many different cars will my baby travel in? Consider your own car, your baby’s grandparents’ car, and any other friend’s or family member’s car(s).
- Will I be pushed in time when I use the car? For example, taking your baby to the nursery on the way to work or visiting the supermarket in the pouring rain.
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to choosing the right car seat, and the perfect installation option depends on your lifestyle. Still in doubt what’s best for you? Our Bébé Confort car seat tool helps you choose the car seat that suits you, your baby and your lifestyle.